Connector housing, Minifix 15, polycarbonate, without/with rim, from wood thickness 15 mm and above
For wood thickness from 16 mm and above, drilling depth D: 12.5 mm, dim. A: 8 mm, black
Art. no. 262.16.302
- No offsetting of shelves against the side panels, because the bolts are centrally guided
- The long tightening distance of more than 5 mm with just half of a turn of the housing compensates for drill hole tolerances of +1 mm to approx. –0.5 mm without loss of efficiency
- Tension is rapidly achieved as the housing is tightened before the arrow reaches the stop (195°)
- Reliable and secure tightening is provided even after repeated slackening and re-tightening
- Flexible combinations of bolts and housings within the Minfix system is provided by the compatibility of all components
- The Minifix system is suitable for wood thicknesses from 12 mm and above.
- The drill hole Ø for the housing is 12 mm for Minifix 12 and 15 mm for Minifix 15.
- For correct installation and tightening, the housing must be installed with the arrow pointing directly towards the bolt.
- A positive-fit connection is reached with PZ2 cross slot, SW4 hexagon socket or flat blade, depending on the connector housing.
- the drill hole sizes vary,
- a furniture item has already been assembled and disassembled several times, or
- a furniture item was subjected to severe loadings
The Jack-of-all-trades among RTA connectors
This connector provides firm, positive-fitting connections despite its small design and even after repeated slackening and re-tightening.
The Minifix RTA connector system is based on the centric principle. This made it possible to develop a connector with a small connector housing with an integrated large tightening and supporting surface. The hemispherical head of the bolt fits exactly in the centre of the cup-shaped recess in the Minifix housing, and is firmly tightened.
Advantages of Minifix:
The Minifix "clockface"
The Minifix "clockface" shows the tightening distance A that has 3 travel segments with different functions:
0 – 75° (6 to 8.30) = 3.2 mm pull
The bolt head is drawn into the centre of the housing (no tightening occurs within this segment).
75 – 165° (8.30 to 11.30) = 2 mm pull
The connection is securely tightened.
Tightening occurs at 120° (10 o'clock), provided that exactly the correct drill hole size has been used.
Optimum tightening position will be reached at 165° (11.30).
165 – 195° (11.30 to 12.30) = 0.5 mm pull
The retightening distance is only required if